Wednesday 23 January 2013

The Bridie Song

I wish I had a song with my name in.
 There are so many songs out with girl’s names in, why can’t someone write one about me I'm sure loads of things rhyme with Bridie…. None come to mind right now but I'm not a songwriter (so I will let a highly skilled songwriter work on it like one of the geniuses at Eurovision)
Anyway I am not going to attempt to write my own song on here as you may have already guessed. but I am going to edit a few well known songs to see what it would be like to have a song, and if someone is inspired to write a song for me then that would be a bonus. (Hint, hint)

1.      Mandy- Barry Manilow
Well you came and you gave without taking
And I sent you away, oh bridie
And you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
And I need you today, oh Bridie

2.      Jolene- Dolly Parton
Bridie, Bridie, Bridie, Bridie
Im begging of you please don't take my man
Bridie, Bridie, Bridie, Bridie
Please don't take him just because you can
Your beauty is beyond compare
With flaming locks of auburn hair
With ivory skin and eyes of emerald green
Your smile is like a breath of spring
Your voice is soft like summer rain
And I cannot compete with you, Bridie


3.      Billie Jean-Michael Jackson
Bridie Jean Is Not My Lover
She's Just A Girl Who Claims That I Am The One
But The Kid Is Not My Son
She Says I Am The One, But The Kid Is Not My Son

4.      Ruby - the Kaiser Chiefs
Bridie, Bridie, Bridie, Bridie
And do ya, do ya, do ya, do ya
Know what ya doing, doing to me?
Bridie, Bridie, Bridie, Bridie

5.      Valerie - Amy Winehouse
Since I've come on home,
Well my body's been a mess
And I've missed your ginger hair
And the way you like to dress
Won't you come on over
Stop making a fool out of me
Why don't you come on over Bridie?

Bridie [x3]


Some of these songs work quite well and I feel are improved with my name in, also Jolene and Valerie talk about gingers so I will count it that they are about me secretly

Ok so just after I finished writing this post I decided to Google check to see if I did have a song with my name in (should have probably done that before hand) anyway turns out there is a song (making this entire post pointless. Nice one Bridie)

Anyway here is the link (I don’t like the song very much, but if they want to write a song about me and name there group after me who am I to criticize)

No comments:

Post a Comment