Friday 4 January 2013

First Post Of 2013: The Zipwire Story

It’s just like me to miss two great blogging opportunities, I missed Christmas and I missed New Year. A time when people are driven crazy by their family, friends and the annoying TV repeats so they turn to the internet, which would have been a chance but I was in a Christmas coma induced by multiple sweet tins, turkey and presents.
If you were wondering what I got for Christmas then wonder no longer I got
1.       Cougar Town - Season 1 [DVD]
2.       How I Met Your Mother - Season 7 [DVD]
3.       Modern Family - Season 3 [DVD]
4.       Bad - 25th Anniversary Deluxe [3 CD/1 DVD]
5.       Diff’rent Strokes Season 4 [DVD]

Anyway on with the first blog post of 2013!
 
So I am going to try to rewrite from memory something I wrote in year 7 English. 

I didn’t want to do it.
I knew it was a bad Idea from the second we got off the coach that morning, but there I was after a whole morning to panic at the thought, I was stuck in a line I didn’t want to be in. taking steps towards what I didn’t know at the time but was about to be one of the worst memories of my childhood. I begged not to do it but my pleas fell on deaf ears and I was patronised and guilt tripped  into complying so there I stood close to tears but holding them back in front of my friends then before I knew it I was up there I was the front  watched by the people who had gone before me. Click. I was strapped in my harness and definitely not ready to jump, I was pushed.
I don’t remember much of the actual zip wire riding experience. probably because what happened next tainted that memory. the next thing I remember it was over I was at the end of the line still hooked up, but at that point at least for a spilt second I felt relief and a small sense of accomplishment but that changed extremely quickly.
(That was all I wrote in year seven but now I'm nearly nineteen I have procrastinated enough I think I will take a crack at finishing the story, and even anyone wants to contact miss hall and tell her I have finished this English homework and refer her to my blog I would be grateful.)
I looked down (huge mistake) I saw one boy from my class shouting up to me to release and come down, I couldn’t the harness was jammed I was stuck (I didn’t find out until later that my harness hadn’t been put on properly in the first place)  but right there in that moment knowing I was stuck and feeling helpless in panic my hands slipped from the hope so I was there dangling from the waist by an improperly fastened harness feeling like a turtle on it shell, after what felt like an eternity the instructor had to get a giant ladder and fix my harness and help me down, all I could hear is laughter from the ground below from the classmates I thought were my friends.
At least at this point only half the class knew, the other half would be informed the next day by my complete ass hat of a year six teacher (Mrs Burgan) who to this day I despise she sat everyone one down on the carpet and told the whole class the incident as I sat there with the class staring at me trying to cover their laughs. Its moment likes that have seriously scarred my self confidence that only now I have started to build back up again but hopefully writing this I can move on because I used to hide from the embarrassing points in my life but now I just except them for what they are and move on so this is me moving on and not caring.

P.S I still hate you Mrs Burgan

No comments:

Post a Comment