Tuesday 9 July 2013

Sick Day


Today doesn't feel like a work day, you know those days you just cant quite picture getting out of bed. and the thought of work is something that you don't see happening, well today feels like one of those days.

[20th of Jan 1994]

I rolled out of bed, before my feet hit the floor I was already rehearsing the call to my boss, and running through believable excuses. Trying to find something serious enough that I can’t come in, but not so serious that I could still be in tomorrow. It also had to be something that wouldn't have a lot of follow up questions, or any long term lying like the death of a fictional aunt.

As I picked up the phone it was oddly warm and I slowly lifted it to my ear to give myself a second to wake up and get in to the character of sick employee. But as the phone got closer to my ear I heard someone sobbing. Someone was on the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment