Monday 17 December 2012

The Ghost of Christmas Past (90's Rant)

After my last post which was a lot more personal and heartfelt, I feel like that is something I want to do more on this blog not necessarily like that, but defiantly less jokey lists (but don’t panic I will still put up the occasional list, because you know me I love my lists) but I will start writing more real stuff with more of my opinion because otherwise what is the point in a blog if it’s not to broadcast your opinion to a world that doesn’t care. And this post is going to be about 90’s kids

I personally hate people who think being a nineties kid makes them cool or special.
Now I am a nineties kid (born in 94), but I don’t think that it gives me or anyone else the right to act all superior to everybody, well not superior but like the way they think they had the best cartoons or the coolest toys, I think that is stupid because every generation is going to look at theirs fondly and consider it better then the previous/next because you experienced it first-hand though a child’s eyes with a child’s mind and heart, (at this point I would like you to stop reading and go on to YouTube and play the song “with a child’s heart” by Michael Jackson)… and welcome back anyways back on topic. Whereas you are looking at other generations things from and outside view with an adult (or young adult) view on the world and the things you see.
Just think in like 15 years from now people will be like all nostalgic over iPhones/ iPads and will be like oh do you remember 3D TVs, but I doubt it will be said out loud though, because I assume everything will be communicated telepathically.

 Just in case you were wondering though these were my favourite cartoons as a child:
·         Pokémon (I liked Pokémon up until the stuff past like the Jhoto sort of episodes and even with those episodes i hated that twat tracey that took over from brock)
·         Penny crayon
·         Williams Wish Wellingtons
·         The Blunders
·         Sonic the Hedgehog
·         Family Ness
·         Cow and Chicken
·         Earthworm Jim
·         The Powerpuff Girls
·         Ren and Stimpy
·         Rocko’s Modern Life
·         Sonic Underground
·         Super Mario Super Show
·         The Wild Thornberrys

(Some of these cartoons may be considered 80’s cartoons, but it took ages for them to come on VHS so it was the nineties when I saw them which counts as cartoons I watched in my childhood which was the 90's)
Anyways a bit short and sweet but it’s Christmas
So have a happy holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment