Monday 9 July 2012

Chivalry is dead.

Chivalry is dead, so today in my extremely uneventful daily activitys, I was traveling home on a train after the person I was supposed to meet didnt show up (you know who you are and I hate you). so I wasted 10 pounds on a ticket. And during my journey home. There were no spare seats and I was left to stand for the 20min journey, even though I hoped someone would offer a seat. No one did for me, but what I think is worse is I was standing next to and elderly lady and no one offered a seat to her and this woman must have been at least 70 and I know people shouldn't expect respect just because of age. and I'm fully aware that some old people are rude. but I just think....... someone should have let me sit down because I'm lazy and its hard to type this standing on a train.

When I'm older if I have kids I'm going to raise them to be polite and stand up for people and give them a chair on a train or bus or hold a door or not keep their headphones in while talking to someone.
like a person from the fifties but with out the racism or sexism.

No comments:

Post a Comment