Monday 4 June 2012

All for you (The Race Is On)

So today I was going through old note books, computer documents and phone stuff to look for good material for the blog (all for you so you better be grateful) anyway I found something good.
So to build you up to this, I need to tell you the back story. so I shall paint you a word picture… it all started on an average trip to Brighton with my sister and mum, and after a morning of being dragged around BHS and TK MAXX. We finally stopped for a break in coffee republic (which I hate but anything is better than TK MAXX) so I was listening to my iPod while waiting for my mum when she was in the queue. then I said to my sister, me and her should start a band (assuming she would jump at the chance for more time to hang out with me because let’s face it I’m awesome) …. She said no but not put off by her lack of enthusiasm, we made a deal that if I could write 12 original songs in 14 days. then we would sing a song and put it anonymously on YouTube and I did write something in like 10mins and here is what I wrote titled the race is on
(I would just like to say I’m not proud of this. well I sort of am because I did it in ten minutes.)

The race is on to write 12 songs
Know I have the talent now I have been challenged
Know that I can do it know I have to prove it

Everyone will be singing the lyrics I am bringing
Gotta go record this so let’s jump back to the chorus

The race is on to write 12 songs
Know I have the talent now I have been challenged
Know that I can do it know I have to prove it

A bet was made for fourteen days
So I will write the lines that come to mind
And hope I’ll complete and album in two weeks

Ya know one day I’ll be famous
And my song’s ‘ll be on ya play list
This song’s gotta be two minutes
If it’s not I’ll sing it in Finnish

(Then obviously I would sing/rap the song in Finnish)

Ok typing that up I can see why my sister said no….

Well that is the only song I wrote (thank god) I forgot about the challenge after that day in Brighton anyway in retrospect I’m glad there is no song on YouTube.  

No comments:

Post a Comment