Saturday 9 June 2012

poetical inspirations

Well as you know all too well I am quite the wordsmith and I write excellent poetry and songs, so to all you lucky people I will show you some of the stuff that inspired this brilliant ginger brain as a small human. Then I will write you another poem (aren’t you privileged).
First and most influential is a poem by a misunderstood poet…… a dragon from the film.

 The Reluctant Dragon (1941)
Sweet little upside-down cake
Cares and woes, you've got'em
Poor little upside-down cake
Your top is on your bottom
Alas, little upside-down cake
Your troubles never stop
Because, little upside-down cake
Your bottom's on your top.


That poem changed my life. (True story) I never looked at an upside down cake with anything other than respect from that day on.

Another poetic influence for me and other small people of the world was Roald Dahl.


Now I looked back in my memory and remembered a VHS tape (old school bitches) and we had one with loads of cartoons of his poems like:
1.       The Crocodile
2.       Cinderella
3.       Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf
4.       The Pig

And loads more I can’t think of. I didn’t post any of these because; even though in my opinion they’re better than what I did post. They are also super long, so if you care that much Google it. But I will leave you with this.

Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-do
I have a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-dee
If you are wise, you'll listen to me

What do you get when you guzzle down sweets?
Eating as much as an elephant eats
What are you at getting terribly fat?
What do you think will come of that?

I don't like the look of it
Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-da
If you're not greedy, you will go far
You will live in happiness too
Like the Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee do


I have other inspirations but to Google them would waste my precious time and I have a lot of important things to do (just kidding I have no friends) but I will leave you with……………… Drum roll please (imagine drum sounds)   









A LIST yeah hmmm that’s probably a bit big. (Size 72 Calibri bitches.)


Other poems and songs that have inspired me. (But I didn’t have enough information on to write about or I'm lazy.)

1.       The book of poems there’s an awful lot of weirdo’s in our neighbourhood.

2.       That cassette I had and used to listen to every car journey (until my child minder stole it. I still hate you Cathy you tape stealing bitch.) of songs from the Simpsons like, do the Bart man and Lisa it’s your birthday.

3.       Any song from Pokémon.

4.       Captain planet theme tune, that used to be my ringtone in year 8( god I was cool)

5.       The guy love song from scrubs (also my ringtone at some point)

6.       All the rocky horror songs (except that really long slow boring one when they walk to the house in the rain) I always fast forward that bit.

7.       I'll Tell Me Ma (an Irish children's song that we had on tape for some reason that I loved when I was 6 but it’s so awful)

8.       And last but defiantly not least the amazing Dr. Seuss pretty much anything by him is genius but in particular I like green eggs and ham (but Sam I am doesn’t) I like that because of the fact he won a bet with his publisher about writing an entire book with less than 50 different words . And that one about making a giant omelette with loads of weird bird eggs. (Another thing I had on video) aww childhood.



Now as promised a poem by me.

A poem of (almost) plagiarism.

I searched high and low
For a poem none would know
Take all the credit
And not even edit
But my plan was foiled
And internet did spoil
A connection was gone
Inspiration I had none
Then an idea struck
And I wrote this poem the end.

(Completely written by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment